Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wharton West Week 1 - the People

Many people wrote this on their Facebook after the first week: what an amazing group of people! Before flying down to San Francisco, I got to know several classmates quite well through admission welcome dinner in Seattle, Wharton Seattle Alum event and most importantly, Facebook. I felt the energy and enthusiasm, with a little anxiety. Who are these 92 people I am going to spend the next two years with?
During the intro session, I heard the following keywords: musicians, dancers, models (& hand model), extreme sport, marathon, wine, PhD, doctor, tech, banking, VC, entrepreneurs… We are definitely a diverse group of people with great passions for almost everything I can imagine. I breathe in such diversity and will try my best to contribute to the class.
The only pity is that I did not get a chance to talk to everyone in person during breaks, dinners and parties. I enjoyed every conversation I had and cannot wait to have more of those during the next class. I was hoping to work out a strategy for meeting people, but for now, I will just keep it random.
The highlight – with the crazy schedule, several of us kept working out in the morning every day. Some are talking about starting a runner group. We really work hard, work out hard and play hard!
The lowlight - wine is good, but not so good when you have to get up at 6am to work out and attend the 7:30 math class.

No comments:

Post a Comment